RETURN TO UNCONQUERED BOSNIA HOMEPAGE


This article does not have permission of the copyright owner, but is
being offered for comment, criticism and research under the "fair use"
provisions of the Federal copyright laws.
Source: Washington Post, Saturday, April 25. 1998

Croatia Seeks World War II Death Camp Head:
Washington Post, Saturday, April 25, ZAGREB, Croatia: Croatia made a formal demand for the extradition of World War II concentration camp commander Dinko Sakic from Argentina, state news agency HINA reported.

The Justice Ministry said in a statement it had also requested that Argentine authorities arrest Sakic, 76, who has lived in Argentina for the past 50 years. He has been in hiding since earlier this month.

Croatia has charged Sakic with war crimes against the civilian population, for which he could be sentenced to a prison term ranging from five to 20 years, the ministry said.